Homeowners what you need to know about Emerald Ash Borer
Homeowners have no fear. Here is what you need to know about Emerald Ash Borer. Grade A Tree services is available to help homeowners plan their options. Contact us today for a free consultation.
- Treatments are available to prevent the emerald ash borer from killing your ash tree
- Emerald ash borer kills all native North American ash tree species
- Only ash trees are affected by this bug.
- Emerald ash borer does not kill other tree species
- Healthy ash trees are equally at risk as unhealthy trees
- The larvae of the bug kills the tree, adult bugs do not kill the tree
- An infested ash tree will die within 3-5 years
- Emerald ash borer is an invasive insect from Asia, it is NOT an ash tree disease
- Do Not Move Firewood. Transportation of wood products is a major source of spreading emerald ash borer to new areas