Join the Grade-A Team!
We are looking for hardworking individuals to join our company! We are hiring for all positions, and the pay is based on experience. Here at Grade A Tree Care, we believe in making sure our employees are taken care of above anything else.
Experienced Tree Climber
Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL preferred
The TREE CLIMBER position is available for an individual with a strong work ethic who is able to work independently, enjoys learning new skills, and likes working outdoors. The Tree Climber will at all times adhere to Grade A Tree Care safety guidelines, performing work according to all policies and procedures. the Tree Climber is a skilled position responsible for tree maintenance, pruning, and removals on residential and commercial properties using their own ropes, harness, saddle, and or company bucket truck in accordance with company policy, ANSI z133 and A300 standards. Must be able to demonstrate basic skills during interview process.
THIS IS PHYSICAL LABOR: You will need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Have a valid driver’s license and available Transportaion, and ability to obtain a CDL
- Have 3+ years of climbing experience
- Be willing to submit to a drug screening post-offer
- Be able to lift 75-100+ pounds
- Have the ability to perform strenuous labor in all weather conditions
- Is able to follow directions from the team leader and work as part of the team, using strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills and representing Grade A Tree Care in a friendly and professional manner. Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
- Leaves ‘issue at home’ for a time after work, as to avoid distractions and focus on the tasks at hand
- Supportive and encouraging to others engaged in tree climbing work and cross-trains other crew members
- Ability to solve problems and achieve common goals
Daily tasks, skills, and responsibilities include:
- Climbing trees using approved climbing equipment according to ANSI Z133.1 industry standards
- Trimming, pruning, shaping trees and shrubs according to ANSI A300 industry standards
- Static and dynamic cabling, bracing, bolting, guying trees and branches
- Specialized skills needed to operate and perform general maintenance on equipment uch as a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw, and other various tools in a safe and responsible manner, according to ANSI Z133 and company standards.
- Ability to tie tree industry knots
- Skill to hoist tools and equipment, safely lower branches with ropes, use a block and tackle
- Preferably 3 years’ experience in the Arboriculture industry, preferably a certified arborist
- Strives to perform up to their God given potential, advance in education and maintain certification, participate in training programs & certification processes
- Daily inspection of all personal climbing and safety equipment including ropes, saddle, PPE
- Learns, understands, and adheres to all safety rules and company safety policies, participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
Must be able to demonstrate basic skills during interview process.
Attention to detail is critical to maintain high quality of care
Knowledge and execution of proper pruning per ISA/ANSI A300 standards
Possess tree and plant identification skills
Performs all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments, as directed by crew leader or designated supervisor
Participates in all job site safety briefings
Utilizes all appropriate personal protective equipment
Understands and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the ground person position
Develops a basic understanding of tree growth
Demonstrates sound tree risk assessment skills
Demonstrates equipment inspection skills
Demonstrates proper application of approved knots
Demonstrates and practices proper climbing techniques and procedures
Demonstrates and practices proper pruning and small removal skills
Demonstrates and practices proper rigging techniques
Assists with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
Learns and understands the dangers associated with electrical hazards
Maintains assigned company gear according to the issued equipment policy
We’re Looking for Amazing Talent!
Do you want to work in a rewarding environment, towards an exciting vision? Are you ready to pour your heart and soul into a place built on passion, and grow knowledge and skill? Do you want to join a positive team culture of excellence? We love what we do and want like-minded people to join our team!
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
Positive Team Player
- Work safely and in a responsible manner.
- Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
- Demonstrate active participation in regular team meetings
- Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Communicate to customers in a polite and courteous manner.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas
Efficiently Produce Work
Assist crew with the following tasks:
- Construct walkways and patios
- Dig ditches or trenches and perform land clearing activities
- Plant and maintain garden beds and lawes
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape construction projects
- Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Operate various tools including chainsaws, measurement equipment. Ahvels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Periodically operate heavy equipment, including skid steer, excavator, and loader as directed by a supervisor
Key Success, Behaviors, Skills, and Requirements:
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Highly alert, and demonstrates problem-solving skills
- Driven to improve efficiencies, with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- High attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication.
- Demonstrate initiative in meeting task-based goals
- Technically skilled
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English)
- Demonstrate competency in specific materials, methods, tools, equipment
- and techniques required to complete required tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Demonstrate basic math skills
- Follow instructions
- Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Preference given to candidates with one or more years’ experience in the landscape/construction Industry
Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
Lawn Care Team Member
Responsible for mowing, trimming, and edging around walkways, flower beds, and walls. Landscaping by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes. Occasionally assist crews with Hardscaping projects.
- Must be physically fit to lift heavy equipment General knowledge of lawn care preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Starting at $12.00 hour, but will pay more based on experience
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
INTERVIEWING THIS WEEK!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour based on experience