Servicing Kansas City’s tree community since 1990
We are a full-service care company dedicated to its clients and their trees. All our work is done by a crew of professionally trained grounds men and climbers. Every job is supervised by a responsible and experienced Foreman to ensure safety and reliability. We are licensed and fully insured including workman’s compensation insurance. With over 30 years of experience you can rest assured we have the knowledge and capability to handle all of your tree care needs.
Grade-A Tree Care is a member of the T.C.I.A.™ Voice of Tree Care. We pride ourselves in being reasonably priced and offering the highest quality of services, both Commercial Services and Residential Services.
What Sets Us Apart
Locally-Owned Small Business
We are proud to be a successful Kansas City Small Business for over 25 years. As our town has grown, so have we.
PROVIDING SAFE TREE SERVICES IN KANSAS CITY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
• Daily equipment inspections are conducted by crew supervisors to ensure all safety equipment is up to OSHA and ANSI standards
• Certified Line Clearance arborists
• International Society of Arboriculture Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist
• Additional International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborists on staff
We care about our starr, and strive to help each person be the best that they can be. We provide opportunities for training and continuing education during the winter months.
As a local small business there is no time for redundancy and no leeway for waste.We’ve built a strong business on precies planning and a growing knowledge base of experienced arborists. Learn more about our team and the way we conduct business.
We are committed to ensuring 100% customer satisfaction.
How I got into the industry is solely because of my father. As a young kid my dad always was the man I looked up to. He worked for utility tree clearance for KCPL, I always wanted to watch him and learn from him. Every chance he got, he would take me to work and let do small tasks which at the time I thought were huge!
After high school, I went to college for business in 2008, which helped me learn the ins and outs of the business. That was the start of my career. I strived to be just like him, a hardworking family man. My greatest business accomplishment ties into my personal life along with the business.
In early 2015, I became very sick due to my lifelong battle with Cystic Fibrosis. I was put on life support in February for 13 days and from that point on my struggle became very real. I was put on a double lung transplant list in early 2015, was not able to work or do day-to-day tasks for almost a year and a half. In September 2016, I received my transplant was blessed with a new chance at life.
That being said, my greatest accomplishment was able to come back to the business and be a part of the team again, a still present, and help Grade-A Tree Care grow. The greatest lesson I’ve learned is nothing is given to you; you must earn everything. We have had all sorts of setbacks in our company. From employees, equipment, bad breaks, and banks we can overcome everything with hard work and discipline.
In my free time I enjoy spending time with my wife, daughter and four dogs. My daughter is 14 and is an amazing athlete, she plays volleyball and basketball, she’s on a traveling volleyball team and I really enjoy watching her play and grow as a young adult. I enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, hiking and being at the lake. I intend on living life to the fullest each and every day!!
As a Kansas City native, Felici (Phil) began his tree service career in 1980. Working with various companies throughout the years it was in 1996, a brutal snowstorm, from thereon known as “The October Surprise,” struck Kansas City, necessitating a large volume of line-clearance tree trimming.
Although he had worked in the field for the previous decade and a half, having started at KCPL and becoming president and lead negotiator for the IBEW union, he knew this storm required an unusual level of commitment, responsiveness, and dedication. The following months spent clearing out the area of fallen trees eventually led to the creation of his current company, Grade A Tree.
Landscape Project Manager
• 15 years experience
• Joined Grade-A Tree Care Landscape Division first of August 2020
• After a hard day making client dreams a reality, John enjoys spending time with his daughter, admiring fast cars, hot rods and cars in general, working and playing outdoors, and watching his team The Kansas City CHIEFS win.
“I enjoy the finished product and satisfaction I am able to provide my clients.”
• Joined Grade-A Tree Care in 2015
• 15 years experience in the tree care industry
• In his downtime Jesse enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and 3 children.
• Jesse is an avid Kansas City Chiefs fan and a member of the Cornhole League
• Joined Grade-A Tree April 2020.
• Becky joins our team with over 25 years experience as an office/property manager
• When not working Becky enjoys spending time with her children and grandson, random road trips, cooking, crafting and cheering on her favorite Kansas City CHIEFS!
Certifications & Awards
A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau
Member of the TCIA
Good Corporate Citizenship
Award Recipient 2018
Prospector of the Year Award 2014
Community IMPACT Award 2018 and 2019